Inter-City Violin was founded in 1954 by Herbert and Peggy Bagwell in a small room behind their home. In 1956, it moved to its present location, 1414 NW 30th. Their primary goal was to make it financially feasible for any parent to rent a quality instrument for their child, and someday use the rent they paid to purchase an instrument to take them through college and beyond.
The Bagwells devoted their lives to the study, teaching and performance of orchestral string instruments and organized numerous workshops, recitals and concerts across the state.
Today, the legacy of spirit and devotion that brought music within the reach of literally thousands of children is carried on by their daughter, Dena Bagwell, along with her children, grandchildren and staff. In 2014, Inter-City purchased an additional building offering private studio and rehearsal space to local teachers and musicians.
We believe music is an academic discipline, equal to math and science, which fosters character, logic and creativity. Inter-City will continue to bring music to any young mind willing to embrace it.